What is NBR?
NBR (nitrile rubber) - one of the most cross functional material for mechanical seals production.
It coincide with following rubber groups: 1, 2, 3 according to ГОСТ 8752-79.
O-rings made of NBR have high resistance for inturgescence relatively to benzoles and fats, work under the high temeratures, and it is the main material for producing round-cross section rings. They are used in fields with accordable demands, e.g. hydraulic, engine-building, engineering, oil-well industry and devices production.
NOT RESISTANT TO:
TEMPERATURE RANGE : -30 °C to +40 °C, short-time to +60 °C
NBR rubber (or acrylonitrile rubber) is one of the most widely used in industry type of rubber, it has a high resistance to aliphatic hydrocarbon oils and fuels. There are different grades available with nitrile rubber manufacturers and suppliers. The higher the acrylonitrile (ACN) content in a grade of nitrile rubber, the higher will be the oil resistance but then the low temperature flexibility will get poorer.
Nitrile Synthetic Rubber Properties
Nitrile rubber has high resilience and high wear resistance. However, it has only moderate strength along with limited weathering resistance and poor aromatic oil resistance. Nitrile rubber can generally be used down to about -30C but special grades of NBR can work at lower temperatures too. Following is the list of Nitrile Rubber Properties.
- Nitrile Rubber belongs to the family of unsaturated copolymers of acrylonitrile and butadiene.
- The physical and chemical properties of nitrile rubber vary depending on the polymer’s composition of acrylonitrile.
- Different grades are available for this rubber. The higher the acrylonitrile content within the polymer, the higher the oil resistance.
- It is generally resistant to fuel and other chemicals.
- It can withstand a range of temperatures.
- Nitrile rubber is also resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons.
- It is less resistant to ozone, aromatic hydrocarbons, ketones, esters and aldehydes.
- It has high resilience and high wear resistance.
- It has limited weathering resistance.
- It can generally be used down to about -30 degree Celsius, but special grades can also operate at lower temperatures.
Application of NBR
In the automotive area, NBR is used in water handling applications and in fuel and oil handling hose, seals and grommets. With a temperature range of –40 to +125 degree celcius, NBR materials can withstand all automotive applications. This form of synthetic rubber because of its resilience is the perfect material for disposable lab, cleaning, and examination gloves.
Использование промышленного NBR
Industrial Nitrile Rubber- Uses
The industrial nitrile rubber is used for making variety of goods including:
- Roll covers
- Hydraulic hoses
- Conveyor belting
- Graphic arts
- Oil field packers
- Seals for all kinds of plumbing and appliance applications
- Injection or transfer molded products
- Extruded hose or tubing
- Calendered sheet goods (floor mats and industrial belting)
- Various sponge
- Low temperature applications
- Automotive, marine and aircraft fuel systems
- Nitrile tubing
- Automotive Industry
- Carburetor and fuel pump diaphragms
- Fuel systems
- Hydraulic hoses
- Bowling pin setters
- Roller bumpers
The price of NBR depends on characteristics desired and quantity of order.